Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park

Well, no photos for this post! I didn't want to take my camera with me to the water park....it was too expensive to get wet! :-) Anyway, we had a great day at the park after all was said and done. However, I wasn't so sure it would end up that way when we first got there and started getting into the water!!!

Austin is normally terrified of the ocean. He LOVES his bathtime, but large bodies of water are out and he actually says, "I scared of da water!" I tried to take him to the pool about 2 or 3 weeks ago, but he refused to get in the water. I didn't push it, but it makes it a little hard when he WANTS to play in the water and bends over to put his hands in....therefore putting himself in the position to go head first into the pool!

Last year, we went to the water park before Brian deployed and Austin had a BLAST! So, I thought maybe he would remember that time and would go right in. Plus, there were two really great pools that you could just walk in like a river, lake or ocean instead of just jumping in or going down a ladder. Well, no such luck! Austin refused to get in. He would only sit on some stairs in one of the pools. Seriously, the baby pool was a FOOT deep! So, I had Paula watch him while Brenda (Paula's sister) and I went on a few slides. We got back and low and behold, he was in the water with Aunt Paula and his Dee. Yes, his blanket was in the water with him...I swear, I'm not going to get that thing away from him for YEARS! Anyway, she had gotten him to "wash" Dee and then they slowly inched in.

So, basically, he was screaming about getting in the pool when we got there, but when we were leaving, he was screaming to stay IN!

I really wish I had gotten some pictures, but maybe next time! Paula and I are thinking of getting season passes and just going once a week until the guys get back. Maybe after all that exposure, Austin will actually get into the OCEAN!!! What a wonderful day that will be! :-)

No comments: