Sunday, August 5, 2007

Our Sick Little Boy!

Well, Austin has been running a fever for the past 3 days. So, this morning, I took him to the Acute Care Clinic on post and after 4 hours, 2 chest x-rays, and an IV later, we came home with the diagnosis that he had pneumonia! This boy is so pitiful looking! He got up this morning at 3am and wanted to eat something and drink something (which he didn't do much of either) and he insisted on watching "Mouse House." (Mickey Mouse Clubhouse...a movie I bought him since he likes the TV show so much!) So, I let him....hey, he is sick and he gets to do whatever he wants to do! When the ACC opened at 6am, we got ready and left the house. Sooo, he was pretty tired when he got back home and slept a good portion of the afternoon. Not as good as a normal nap, but he was restless because of the way he is breathing.
Anyway, Paula brought me dinner and brought Austin some blue slush drink from Chili's. He drank that pretty well and cuddled with Paula a bit before going to bed. Here are some pictures of him this evening. Paula asked me if I was going to take any pictures of him like this to put in his scrapbook and I told her that I almost grabbed my camera before heading to the ACC! I didn't though because I figured I'd get some pretty weird looks. Of course she said, "spoken like a true scrapbooker!"


These two pictures are of him sleeping.....

So, I will keep ya'll updated on how Austin is feeling the next couple of days! Pray he gets better soon....I hate seeing my baby like this!

2 comments:

yaya said...

I don't like seeing your baby like that either! His eyes look bad--think he needs his yaya!

jilljohnandhope said...

I am so sorry the boy was so sick! I am hoping that he much much better now!