Saturday, January 17, 2009

Nope....no baby yet!

So far, Colten doesn't seem anxious to arrive anytime soon! However, we still have until Wednesday for me to be officially "due." We aren't really expecting him to come before then...but who knows! Stranger things have happened!
I feel great...other than a few minor late-in-pregnancy-complaints, but I can't really complain too much! I really do wish I had an easier time putting my socks and shoes on though!
Austin is SO ready for his brother to get here. We'll see how he feels after a few weeks though. He's so used to being the only child...and I'm really trying to prepare him. We talk a lot about how babies cry and how Mommy will be holding Colten a lot, but that he'll get to hold Colten too. He's funny though...he has said this comment a couple of times: "I won't yell at my baby brother...well, only if he tries to take my toys."
Austin and I were at the library on Tuesday for storytime and a woman asked when I was due. I told her the 21st and she said, "Why aren't you in bed???" I just kind of smiled and said that it's a little hard with a 3 year old....the second pregnancy is a LOT different than the first one!
So, we'll see how much longer it takes for this little one to decide he's ready to face the real world. Anyone have any guesses???

1 comment:

The MessyBlessyMomma said...

that wait is brutal!!!! And I agree on the resting thing. I was having contractions last week and they told me to "take a day in bed". Uh, sure. Explain that to my 1 and 4 year old!