Monday, March 31, 2008

Goopy Eyes

Over the weekend, Austin's eye went from bloodshot to goopy and this morning he woke up with both eyes "gooped shut." Last night, I had already resigned myself to the fact that I would have to wake up early and make a same-day appt at the clinic, so at 6:30am I like,many others, called the appointment line (I was number 10 in queue when I first called).

Austin appt was at 8am....but before we were to leave, I found out that the airline (Aloha Airlines) we were supposed to fly with to the Big Island on Friday had stopped all passenger services starting today (they had filed for bankruptcy a little while ago and were trying to figure out how to stay operational). Our tickets were worthless and we couldn't cancel and get a refund for our lodging at this point. So, I had to book another flight on Hawaiian Airlines and call the credit card company to put in a dispute on the first set of tickets. As soon as I did that, it was time to leave for the doctor (and Austin still wasn't dressed yet!)

We get to the clinic and I knew we were in for a hard time when he wouldn't even step up to get his height or weight checked. I had to hold him down for his temp and for the doctor to look in his ears and eyes. When all was said and done, our little boy has Pink Eye (Conjunctivitis) in both eyes and an ear infection in his right ear (the one that the tube already fell out of ). So, we have three meds...eye drops, ear drops, and an oral antibiotic, to administer everyday for 4-5 days. Yay! LOL. The eye drops get put in 3 times a day!!! YUCK! Let's just say the first time was the easiest and I had to hold him down....the second time was harder and I'm not looking forward to doing it anymore....4 more days to go!

We hope everyone else is having a better Monday than we are!!!

1 comment:

Alisha Lofgren said...

Kerum,
I am sorry it's been so long since we spoke. Looks like you all do a lot of fun things together as a family. Sorry the poor guy is not feeling well. Take care, and keep in touch...
Alisha Lofgren