Tuesday, March 24, 2009

8 Weeks

Colten is 8 full weeks old. To me, it's a little confusing that 8 weeks isn't 2 months since he's not 2 months until the 27th...at least that's how the doctor's office counts it! :) He won't have his two month well baby appointment until the 8th of April (because they had to schedule it after the 27th and they didn't have any appointments until the 8th)
Anyway, Colten is getting so big! He's staying awake more often and sleeping for longer stretches during the night. He watches things so intently that you have to wonder what he's thinking. He loves to smile at Mommy and Daddy...and basically anyone that comes by. When we joined First Church on Sunday, he smiled at everyone who talked to him!
It's fun to see how much he changes over the weeks.
Here are a couple of pictures I took today.



I have been shooting in manual the last couple of days (which means I am not using the preset modes on my camera). That is why some of the pictures in the most recent posts aren't the greatest, but I'm learning. There are still a lot of things I need to learn, but right now, I'm just taking the leap and trying to take pictures with natural light only (NO FLASH).

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

He is getting so big! I Cannot believe it's been 8 weeks already! Time REALLY flies, doesn't it? Even moreso with two:-) He is really starting to look like Austin I think? but...maybe not...you guys are the parents so you know better:-) Hope all is well!! Take care-linz