Sunday, January 9, 2011

4 Months

Aiden is 4 months old today!!! A third of a year old! Wow, it is going by WAY too fast!
I took his photos today and I think I might have to go back and crop his other comparison photos in to match this month's photo. When we switched the rooms around (photos to come soon!), we put the full size bed and the bedding into Austin's room and the light just isn't as good in there (plus, the bed is underneat a loft bed, so it's even darker in there!). So, I had to pull the bedding and pillows into the little boys' room to keep up the monthly photo so that it wouldn't be messed up! So, the black headboard isn't in the picture anymore and then Aiden decided he wanted to keep trying to sit up on his own instead of chilling in the pillows, so I had to stay close so I could make sure he didn't faceplant into the floor. :-) Silly boy!
So, here's this month's comparison picture:
IMG_6182
I had a really hard time narrowing down the other pictures this month. I just really like how these pictures turned out today!
Yes, the kid is a drooling machine!
IMG_6233
A few things Aiden is up to:
*He's still in cloth diapers most of the time. We use disposable every now and then. I've been experimenting to see if he sleeps longer with the cloth or with the disposables. I haven't seen a big difference, so I think he'll stay in cloth.
*He is such a smiley baby! He is really easy to smile and is pretty quick to laugh as well. There are a few things that you can say that he thinks is silly and will smile and then laugh at. A lot of it is nonsense words...but the other night he was laughing at "Rub a dub dub, 3 men in a tub."
*This boy is rolling over both ways now. Sometimes it takes him a while to roll from his back to his belly and then other times he does it in the blink of an eye. I'm not sure which he likes better...but he would really rather be in someone's arms. :-)
IMG_6249
*He was sleeping through the night. Then we went and messed it up by switching rooms. The past week has been rough on me since I was getting used to a full nights sleep! He's been getting up at least once in the middle of the night, sometimes twice. I'm hoping he goes back to sleeping a full night again soon!
*Aiden is now 13lbs 12 oz and 25 inches long.

IMG_6207
*He is grabbing at things a lot now. When he sees something he likes, he goes for it. The big brothers are on borrowed time with their toys! :-)

IMG_6219
*Aiden LOVES his exersaucer. Santa brought it for him and he is already spinning around and playing with the different toys. You know when he's done when he starts getting really cranky though!
(I love this picture, but am a little disappointed that it's a bit out of focus. Still love it, though!)
IMG_6228
*This kid is a talker! He just babbles all the time and I don't remember his brothers being quite as vocal.
*He's still nursing like a champ and had his first bottle in 3 months last week. He stayed with his Uncle Matt and Aunt Paula the other night for his first time with someone other than Mommy. He did great and was even fed by his cousin Anna! I don't think we'll be starting solids this month as he hasn't shown any interest in them. We'll probably start them around 5-6 months old.
*Aiden still likes to be swaddled. I don't think he has to be swaddled in order to sleep, but he just seems happier and more content when he's swaddled. Plus, he just looks so darn cute when he's all wrapped up!

IMG_6304
We love this boy so much! I just can't imagine our life without him! He can brighten the day no matter what is happening. His big brothers love him and it's so sweet to see them give him kisses and for him to laugh at them. This little boy has completed our family like I couldn't have even imagined! It's fun to watch him grow and show his personality more and more each day.

1 comment:

StephLove said...

That's one seriously cute baby. I love his fuzzy hair.