Sunday, January 10, 2010

Liberty Bowl

What can I say about the Liberty Bowl...
IT WAS COLD!!!!
That would be the biggest thing that sticks out in my mind! It was seriously cold. The good thing was that I was bundled up really well and only felt the cold in my feet. I don't think my feet have ever been that numb. I thought I had frostbite in them by the end of the game. LOL
We were pretty bundled up though and enjoyed the game despite the teams playing pretty messy. It ended up being a battle of bad kickers in the end. I was just glad that there was another team with a kicker worse than ours!
So, here are the pictures:

IMG_7763

IMG_7772
Do NOT ask me how John survived without a coat. Personally, I think he is crazy. :-)

IMG_7775

IMG_7781

IMG_7789
The 101st had sent 2 paratroopers to bring in the teams flags and the game ball. Pretty cool to see the Screaming Eagle up there!

IMG_7834
The coin toss.

IMG_7861

IMG_7882
Like I said, it was a sloppy game. Definitely not one of the better games the Razorbacks have played and I think they were definitely outplayed. However, a win is a win...and I think we'll take it!
There was one thing I was truly glad about though...that my children were back in a warm house having fun with their relatives! I saw some small kids at the game and thought that they must have been even MORE miserably cold than I was! I think Nathan was at the right age to brave the cold...but I saw 5 or 6 year olds there and just can't imagine sitting in that cold with them!
Thanks to Bill and Mary for the tickets...despite the cold, we had a great time and it was neat to be there!

No comments: