Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Like Father, Like Son

Brian loves puzzles. He can sit down and do a puzzle for hours.
Austin is now starting to like puzzles as well, and asked for one while we were at Wal-Mart the other day. It was a 100 piece Transformers puzzle and we went ahead and bought it since it wasn't too expensive. Plus, I think Brian was just happy that his son was looking forward to doing something that he loved to do so much!
We got the puzzle out and I started helping him sort the pieces. We got the edges done and that is when my focus stops. I am not a puzzle lover. Right around the time that the egdges are done, I'm done as well.
Brian stepped right in and helped with the rest of the puzzle. I do have to say, though, that Austin was putting pieces in the correct place even more than I was, so I think Brian helped as little as he could so that Austin could do it himself.

IMG_8859
I know that every now and then, Brian would point out the colors or a part of the background for Austin to look for and Austin would do as much as he could.
It takes a lot of concentration, but he did a great job!

IMG_8862
Finally, it was done! Austin was so proud that he did this puzzle. I have to say that it was pretty hard with the dark background with lots of smoke, fire and explosions! I think Daddy will have a partner next time he puts a puzzle together!

IMG_8871

No comments: