Thursday, September 16, 2010

Aiden is 1 Week Old!

I'll be doing the monthly comparison pictures like I did with Colten. However, I found out that as babies get older, they don't really enjoy laying still anymore! So, I figured I might have better luck sitting him on the bed and as he gets older, maybe I can find a way to keep him sitting still long enough for me to get his monthly picture. This will be his 0 month picture. :-)

IMG_3938

Aiden is still a sleepy newborn. He really likes to sleep in your arms, but we have found that he also likes the swing. Daddy put him on the floor the other day for some tummy time and he tolerated it for a bit and did a few push ups. He's a strong boy!
There have been a few nights where he's slept really well. Nights where I had to actually wake him up for his feedings after 4 or 5 hours of no nursing. Other nights, he is a typical newborn waking every 2 hours or so for his food. I have found that he would much rather be right next to us when he sleeps and those have been the nights where he sleeps most. At this point, a bad habit might be totally worth it for that extra sleep!
I didn't notice with the other two boys, but he changed so much from the pictures we took right after he was born. He looked so much chunkier in those pictures and after losing the water weight they typically lose, he has turned into a skinny boy, much like Austin did.
We are so excited that he's here now. The last week has just flown by! Here are his stats:
Weight when born: 8lbs 4oz (exact weight as Austin)
Weight when leaving hospital: 7lbs 9oz
Length: 22 inches (only half an inch shorter than Austin)
Head circumference: 13 1/2 inches
Clothing size: 0-3 months (newborn is too short on him!)
Diaper size: Newborn Pampers Swaddlers (we haven't done cloth yet since his circumcision requires vasoline and that can't be used with cloth)
Milestones: Nothing yet other than breastfeeding like a champ, pooping, peeing, crying, and sleeping!

No comments: