Monday, October 19, 2009

Pumpkin Patch...Take Two


So, since we didn't get any pumpkins, or pumpkin pictures when we went to the Pumpkin Patch in Missouri, we decided to take the kids to one in Arkansas. We had a great day after getting back from Little Rock and decided to take the kids that day. You just never know what the weather will be like the next day here, so you have to take advantage of the nice days when you have a chance! :-)



So, to McGarrah Farms we went. Despite the lack of pumpkin selection, wrong settings on the camera, and the mid-day sun being horrible for pictures, we had fun and got a few good pictures and pumpkins to take home. Plus, the one thing Austin wanted to do at the last pumpkin patch, a hayride, got done! The one in Missouri was $2-4 a person and that was just ridiculous!
Oh, how I wish my 8 month old would look at me when I take pictures!!! It's been REALLY hard to get pictures of him lately...it's like he looks away on purpose! At least the 4 year old is still cooperating with me!
IMG_4694
When I do get him to look at me, it's looks like this. Totally apprehensive and not sure of what Mommy is doing with that thing to her face!
IMG_4662
They had FUN in this wagon. It was big enough for both of them AND pumpkins. I have always wanted to get a wagon to pull Austin and a sibling around, but we just don't go places enough where a wagon would work well. Colten LOVED the wagon...he would stand up on the edge and just bounce away, "talking" nonstop and smiling...as long as I wasn't taking a picture!
IMG_4659
Colten just needs to be old enough to stand on his own so he can get in a picture like this! Until then, Daddy and Austin will do it.
IMG_4717

Pumpkin prices weren't bad. Wal-Mart was cheaper, but you don't get the whole experience and fun that you do when you go out to a pumpkin patch. Plus, who remembers the time when they were 4 and went to Wal-Mart to get the pumpkin? That's what I thought!

No comments: