Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A New Plan

Our family needs it. Well, Brian pretty much already has it since he goes to work everyday, but the kids and I need it.

What is it that we need? A schedule. Something that we can stick to to help the day go by and when that day is over, I'm not sitting here wondering what we did all day! Some days, I'm really good. The kids get up and we relax a bit before turning the TV off and start in on doing stuff both fun and productive. However, there are more days where the TV stays on while the kids play all over the house and I feel overwhelmed by the stuff that stares at me from the kitchen, bedrooms, living room, etc.

With two kids, things seem to get done ok. My house is never immaculate, but it's not a disaster either (ok, well, sometimes it can seem that way, but not all that often!). However, we are about to add a third kid to the mix and with both babies, I know I need to find a schedule that works for us NOW. It will be just that much easier to get back to it if it's set now than if we continue the way we are.

Here's the thing: I've tried this before. I even wrote up a great schedule, typed it up and posted it on the fridge. I think it worked for a week...maybe. I'm determined to make it work this time. I want things to get done around here and I want to spend less time on the computer and more time with my kids. I don't want to feel overwhelmed by chores or the house anymore and the only way that is going to happen is if I get into a schedule of doing things so it doesn't add up so fast!

So, this week, I am going to start looking into what I want to accomplish everday. I'll get a schedule thought up and try to stick to it. It will officially begin next week, but I'll start some little changes this week so it's not such a shock to the kids or me. I'm hoping that by posting this on our blog, the plan being "out there," that I will try a little harder to stick to it. Wish me luck!!!

No comments: