Saturday, January 7, 2012

Real Men Do the Dishes

Does your husband do the dishes?  Mine does and although he doesn't look happy about it in this picture, he really doesn't look this way the entire time he does them!  Plus, I am not sure anyone looks happy doing the dishes!  :-)

I told him what I had put as the caption to this picture on Instagram.  "Real men do dishes for their wives."  He said that he doesn't do it for me...he does it for himself.  It really doesn't matter WHY he does it or who he does it for.  The important thing is that he does them and that makes me happy.  Sure, I can do them and did do them for the time that he was gone.  But I didn't like it and missed the help.  He doesn't usually hand wash the dishes that can't or won't fit into the dishwasher.  Those wait for me. He unloads and then reloads the dishwasher.  He also puts the dishes away that are drying in the dish rack at times. 

He may not realize it, but he's doing it for our sons as well.  It's good that they see him doing things that may be seen as more of a "wife job."  I think it's important that our sons know that men can clean or do laundry or whatever else needs to be done.  Someday, their wives will thank us...especially their Daddy for showing them that it's not just HER place in the kitchen, but there's room for HIM to be in there as well!

No comments: