Thursday, April 29, 2010

Pre-Cautionary

We had our ultrasound 2 weeks ago. I first reported that everything was completely normal. Well, techically, they still are. However, the day after the ultrasound, I got a call from the nurse who told me that she just wanted to let me know that the doctor wanted me to have a follow-up ultrasound at 32 weeks to re-check the baby's kidneys.
While the measurements of his kidney's were still within the normal range, they were on the higher end of normal and the doctor is being thorough and making sure everything really is A-OK. The (little bit of) concern is that it could be Hydronephrosis. Basically, it's the dilation of the renal collecting system within the kidneys. Most of the time, if it does end up being hydroneprhosis, there's just a lot of monitoring both before baby is born and after.

I waited to say anything about this until now because we hadn't talked to the doctor yet to see what he had to say. I still think everything will turn out fine, but a small prayer that everything is normal would be really appreciated. I really don't want the next 12 weeks to be filled with worry over something that was in the normal range, but thought that prayers can't hurt! :-)

You can read the link that I included above for any more information that you'd like. I really just think it's this baby's way of being a stinker. He has shown me that he's going to give his brothers (and probably everyone else) a run for their money! Yesterday at the doctor's office, it took them 15 minutes of searching to try and find his heartrate. He just kept moving all around and hiding from the doppler. We would hear a few heartbeats and then he'd move. Eventually, they just brought in the portable ultrasound machine so that he couldn't hide anymore. :-) I could feel him moving all around and imgained him teasing us, saying "Na Ne Na Ne Boo Boo!"

Stay tuned for a name announcement soon! We have chosen what it will be and just need to tell a few more family members first.

No comments: