Monday, November 1, 2010

30 Days of Thanks - Day 1

I had totally forgotten about this...until my friend Jill started it on her blog. If I remember correctly, I actually did all 30 posts last year, but some were done a couple of a days at a time because of Disney World. I don't consider that cheating, do you?


At first, when I saw that Jill was doing this, I thought, "Nope, no way. Not gonna do it this year." There are days right now when it's a little harder to find the positives in the day. There are days when I don't even want to find the positives...I'm too tired. However, it's because of that attitude that I need to do this project. So, here it is. Another year, another month of thanks and hoping that it lifts my spirits and maybe someone else's too.


{Day 1}
Monday was November 1, so I was thinking about that day and what went on. A little hard since I can barely remember what I did yesterday, let alone the day before that! However, I do remember talking to my sister. So, I'll start this by saying that I'm thankful for Amanda and her daughter, Emma.
Amanda is starting on a hard road of single parenthood. I know there are days when it scares her and she worries and wonders what the future holds as far as how she's going to balance Emma and work and the household stuff, etc. She doesn't talk about it much, but I know it's there. I know she's worried about money (there never really is enough no matter how much you bring in each week) and so many other things in life.
All those things blur and fade into the background when Amanda looks at Emma. Instead of the worry, you see the joy and love she has for her daughter. It's all still there, but she knows that Emma is worth it. Emma will, and has, changed Amanda. She's a mom now...an awesome mom who will do whatever she can for her child.

IMG_4224

Looking back, I saw that Amanda was what I was thankful for on the last day of this project last year. So funny!

No comments: