Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Eating on Day 3

{Day 3}
Today I am thankful for dinner with a friend. I don't think people realize the importance of adult interaction for a stay at home mom. Having two children crying, whining, needing diaper changes, making messes as soon as you get done cleaning up the previous mess, wanting to eat all.the.time and basically pulling you in all directions is just a blast all day long, but adults need other adults. Even if it's just to talk about our kids!
Laura invited us to dinner tonight and I always jump at the chance to go over there. Laura is an excellent cook and an even better baker. I told Brian that I probably shouldn't eat over there too often because she always has dessert and between that and her yummy dinner, I am eating WAY too many calories.
Between our two families, we have 5 kids all under the age of 5. Things can get pretty loud over there, but the conversation we get to have in between correcting the kids or getting them something to drink or play with is a welcome respite to the "kid-talk" I listen to the rest of the time.
So, thanks Laura for the dinner tonight. More important, thanks for being my friend.

No comments: