Saturday, November 6, 2010

Relaxing - Day 6

{Day 6}
Today I am thankful for relaxing Saturdays like today. It was rainy and dreary and just a perfect day to stay inside and just hang out. That's exactly what I did today. I got a few things done here and there, but nothing major. The kids had fun and I tried to not even worry about the hours that the TV was on today. I think we needed it though. Nothing on the agenda, nothing to rush to.
Brian did get out of the house today. We needed dog food (Abby and Koa, happily, had cat food for dinner and breakfast since we were out) and biscuits (since we were going to have breakfast for dinner tonight). Brian came into the room I was working in (trying to get the 0-3 month clothes packed up...sniff, sniff) and said he was going to Food Lion and asked if I needed anything else. As he was walking out of the room, he added that he was also going to visit the Verizon and AT&T stores.
We are terrible reception at our house and in the area surrounding our house. I drop calls right and left and sometimes can't even get enough signal to make a call. It's the reason we have to have a home phone and long distance to go with that phone service. We've been contemplating switching from Verizon to AT&T for some time now, but I guess Brian thought it was time to do more than contemplate.
We had decided not to do anything today. He called to let me know what he had found out from both companies. I said something about maybe getting them as our Christmas gifts to each other and doing it in December. He responded with something along the lines of "why not today?" I assumed he had already done it, but he was out in his car, just waiting for the green light. He came home with two iPhones tonight...and all the accessories that are needed for them.
Merry Christmas to us...in November!

No comments: