Thursday, November 18, 2010

Getting Better on Day 18

Today, I am thankful that Austin is feeling better. He went to bed last night not feeling so hot. He got sick again right before going to bed and ended up sleeping with me in my bed while Brian slept in the guest room.

We don't normally let our kids sleep in our bed. It's too small and no one ends up getting much sleep. However, Austin sleeps in a bunkbed and it's hard for him to get down to get sick in the bathroom. I didn't want to get up in the middle of the night to clean up another mess in the bed like the last time he had a stomach bug. Since sharing a room with Colten, Austin seems to not like sleeping in a room alone. Brian and I thought that this sleeping arrangement was just a lot easier than fighting with Austin over where he was sleeping.

Anyway, this morning, Austin seemed much better. He didn't look as sick, his fever was down and he said his stomach didn't feel as bad. He even asked for some toast for breakfast. I knew it was feeling a lot better when a friend of mine brought over some cupcakes and cheesecake and he asked for one of the cupcakes. :-) Over the course of the day, he started to milk it for all it's worth though. He'd ask me to take his dishes to the sick for him in a pitiful whine like he was starting to feel bad again. When I would ask him if he was feeling any better, he would say, "well.....just a tiny bit," in a way that I KNEW he didn't want to own up to feeling better and not get anymore special treatment. They learn way too early!

Tomorrow, it's back to school for Austin. He can't miss much more since he's already on 8 days missed now. I'm just glad that he'd pretty much done with the stomach bug and I'm praying no one else gets it. Especially me!

No comments: