Friday, November 5, 2010

Togetherness - Day 5

{Day 5}
Today I am thankful that Brian was able to drive back from Virginia a little earlier than he originally thought. We were able to have family movie night tonight instead of tomorrow night, complete with Toy Story 3 and pizza. The boys were surprised when he walked in the door before dinner since I had told them that it would probably be after they were supposed to be in bed that he would be home.

I won't lie. The last week has been a challenge, but not too terribly bad. I think the one thing I am gonna have to readjust for the long deployment is the time that I get to bed. I won't be able to function for too long, going to bed at midnight or later and then getting up to feed Aiden and then again to get Austin ready for school. Even if I don't have to feed Aiden, it's still not enough sleep for me to be the best mom I can be. I get cranky when I don't get sleep and that's not a good thing to be when there's 3 kids hanging on you. :-)

This weekend is just going to be a weekend for us to relax and be together. We have no plans for Saturday, but I am going to get out with just Aiden and two friends and go to a craft fair. I feel I deserve a little me time. Plus, it will give Brian some time with Austin while I am gone and while Colten is down for his nap.

No comments: