Wednesday, November 11, 2009

11th Day of Being Thankful

Today I am thankful for Brian's parents. Bill and Mary, aka Bobo and Yaya to the grandkids, came to Disney World with us. We drove their van from Arkansas to Orlando and we are all staying at the same resort (different condos...I think we would have driven them crazy if we were all in one condo).

Some women have a lot of problems with their in-laws (mostly the mother-in-law). You always hear of the horror stories involving the in-laws. This is not the case in our situation. I love my in-laws...and yes, even my mother-in-law! They always try to be helpful with the kids and haven't "butted in" to our marrige.

Today was our first day back in the Disney Parks after Austin's flu. It was a LONG, exhausting, WONDERFUL day. However, I don't think it would have quite been the same without Bobo and Yaya. They helped all day long holding Colten, taking the kids to the playground so Bri and I could go on a roller coaster together, pushing the stroller, taking pictures, and even putting up with the meltdowns (yes, there was more than one!) from Austin at the end of the night. Mary even dealt with a little accident Austin had until Brian and I could get back from a ride and figure out what to do about it.

Bobo and Yaya are wonderful in-laws and grandparents. I think Brian (and the other two brothers) would chime in and say they are wonderful parents as well. I am thankful for their help and especially for our relationship!

No comments: