Saturday, November 21, 2009

Snuggly Boys - Day 21

Today I am thankful for snuggly boys. There is just NOTHING like having a good snuggle with your kids. NOTHING! Austin has been really snuggly (if that isn't a word, I'm making it one!) lately and it's so nice to just sit on the couch with him on your lap or laying next to you. I know there are times when he wants to snuggle and I am doing something and just don't have the time...and I feel bad telling him "not right now." Some of the time though, I will tell him that I will for "just 5 minutes" and then go back to what I was doing. That makes him happy and still gives me some snuggle time with him.
Colten also is a snuggly boy. The last week or so he's been getting up around 5:30 or 6 and laying on my chest in the morning. A few times he's even fallen back asleep like that. While I don't like the time of day he gets up, I treasure this time with him. It's quiet throughout the house, I nurse him, then we stretch out on the couch and he'll lay his head on my chest. SO SWEET!

Colten's also been laying his head on my shoulder (and Daddy's as well) even when we've been holding him other times of the day as well. He has always loved to give us kisses as well (they are those open-mouthed baby kisses), but laying his head on our shoulder in the middle of the day is just so sweet.

Today, BOTH boys were sitting with me on the couch and took turns laying their head on me. It was so loving. THEN, the would love on each other. I just love this! Sometimes, Brian and I worry sometimes about the age gap and hope that they are close despite the 4 year difference. These snuggly times give me hope that our boys will be best friends no matter what!

No comments: