Sunday, November 29, 2009

Yesterday's Weather - Day 29

Today I am thankful for the beautiful weather we had yesterday! There's nothing like an incoming cold front to make you wish you had taken better advantage of the nicer weather! Sure, Brian put up Christmas lights, I tossed a baseball with Austin, and we had a great fire while watching the Razorback game out on the patio, but I think we could have done a little more with the kids outside. We won't have too many more days like that soon and the kids will want to play outside anyway. I'm just not a fan of the cold and sitting out in it is something I despise even more.

Sure, I love a snowy day where you can sled and build snowmen and angels and snowballs to throw. However, I want it gone in the next day or so with NO slush. Not a very practical way of thinking, but a girl can wish! I miss the "winter" days in Hawaii...you know, sitting out on the beach taking in the sunset. :-) Who cares if it rains a lot during that time!

So, today as the temperature outside got colder and colder while the day went on, I was thankful for the day we had before. I was thankful that we DID take advantage of it in some ways. Oh how I look forward to another day like that soon! :-)

No comments: