Monday, November 2, 2009

Thankful - Day 2

Today, I am thankful for the internet. I probably spend more time on here than I should...but I am so glad we are able to afford internet and the ability to stay in touch with people easier. Between this blog, e-mail and Facebook, I feel that no matter where the Army takes us, we are still able to let our friends and family know what we are up to...and allow them to show us what they are up to as well!
For example, just today, an old friend from our first duty station, Fort Campbell, gave birth to her first baby boy. Without wonderful Facebook, I wouldn't have known this...and soon I'll even be able to see pictures of the 9lb 9 oz baby!

Sometimes, the internet tends to suck me in and I can spend FOREVER on here reading blogs that I'm interested in, looking at Facebook, checking e-mail and browsing Ebay. Those days, I tend to think we would be better off without it. It can be such a time drainer...time that could be better used to play with our kids or making a snack for them or cleaning the house (yeah, right!). However, without the internet, I wouldn't have been able to keep in touch with Brian during his 2 deployments. I wouldn't have founds some friends from high school that I have lost touch with. Our family wouldn't have this blog to look through when we are thousands of miles away.

For our family, the internet is more of a postive thing than a negative...and I am so thankful to have access to this wonderful tool!

No comments: