Sunday, November 22, 2009

Little Brother - Day 22

Today, I am thankful for my little brother, Jimmy. His birthday was today - Happy Birthday! He's a whole 9 years younger than me, so he's just now getting into his 20's! Doesn't that just seem so young!?!
Today I am also thankful for some shopping time without kids! I didn't buy much...only a $4 cup for Austin that I ended up giving to him when I got back, but it was nice to go through a store and not have one kid screeching and another asking for everything he sees. :-) In fact, I was just tagging along with Mary and didn't really have any agenda, so it was nice to just go through and not have a list of things to buy or return.
I'm still on the lookout for Christmas gifts, but I'm taking my time picking things out. I usually do that since I'm afraid of buying something and then finding THE perfect gift for the person I just bought something for. I hate returning things...it's just so inconvienent (especially with 2 kids in tow), so I try to get it right the first time.
I have a few things, but not much. I have an idea of what to get for some people, but am still not 100% sure on anyone! :-) I feel a little behind...does it feel like Christmas is really close this year even though we haven't even had Thanksgiving yet? I think it's because I see people putting up decorations all over the place, the stores have it all out and we went to that Christmas Party at Disney World. Oh, and the stores around here have been REALLY busy! We passed Toys R Us yesterday and the parking lot was FULL. I'm afraid to even see what it will be like on Friday!

No comments: