Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Thankful - Day 4

Today, I am thankful for my Mom's Bible Study. However, it's not the typical study that you'd think...we haven't even studied the bible since I've joined. The last two sessions have been over Christian-based parenting books. The first one, The 5 Love Languages of Children, is out of a series I just LOVE. Brian and I have been to a marriage retreat based off of the adult version and it is make total sense when you read it and apply it to your relationship. I knew I would love the Children's version and learn a bit about why certain kids do certain things.
This session is over the book, Boundaries With Children. It's a great book and I am learning so much! There's also an adult version that sounds like everyone should read! :-)
While I have learned a lot about parenting from the books, nothing can replace the group aspect! There is just nothing like talking with the other moms and having your fears of screwing up your children put to rest! I get to drop off my kids in the nursery (which they LOVE) and go spend an hour talking about the book and the different parenting styles we each have. There are moms to kids of ALL ages, so it helps to see how they dealt with the struggles I am dealing with now as well as to see what I have to look forward to in the coming years!

No comments: