Friday, November 6, 2009

Giving Thanks on Day 6

Today, not only am I thankful, but I am prayerful as well. Yesterday, our Army Community was rocked by the horrible actions of a man that was one of our own.

I am thankful that we are not stationed there. I did not have to experience the anxiety of wondering if my Soldier was in the wrong place at the wrong time, or if he was safe. I pray for those who experienced that fear.

I am thankful that Brian is safe in Little Rock with me. I pray for the families of the fallen and the wounded. They are living a nightmare that no one wants to live.
I am thankful that I did not have to figure out where to take my kids during the hours of lockdown because we couldn't go home to our on-post housing. I pray for those who couldn't go home when all they wanted to do was lock themselves in their home and hug on their family.

I am thankful for the swift actions of the police who stopped the man responsible for this. Without our police (both military and civilian), more people could have been hurt or killed. I pray that they get any help they may need to deal with this tragedy.

Lastly, I am thankful for our Army. The Army is not only a job for Brian...it is our lifestyle and our family. When events like this happen, it affects all of us...even if we are not directly involved. I pray for our Army Family. I pray for the Soliders - those who lived through this tragedy. I pray that they also get the help they need to deal with this.

Finally, I pray for our Fallen Soldiers...may they rest in peace.

No comments: